6 Surprising Reasons To Use Botox
Posted on May 27 2019
Do you know among the 15.7 million cosmetic minimally invasive procedures, 7.23 million procedures were done using Botulinum Toxin Type A?
For year the shots have been used for wrinkle treatment. Being a brand name of a protein made from Clostridium botulinum, a kind of bacteria, it is known to soften moderate to severe facial wrinkles. But now it is becoming a hot new trend.
Wondering why are so many people getting botox shots? The answer is somewhere within the surprising benefits it offers. Have a look:
- Migraine Relief: Chronic migraines can be really difficult to handle. Luckily, you can find some relief from a new FDA-approved use for Botox. Injecting these shots into seven designated areas, a number of patients have found them to be helpful in relieving those debilitating symptoms of migraines. It is helpful in keeping light sensitivity, dizziness, nausea and vomiting at bay.
- Jaw Reduction: It is fine for men to have a strong, square jaw line. But for women, it's generally not considered attractive and desirable. You can trust these shots to help you reducing the same. Use of Botox shots in the jaw area weaken the muscles and create a softer and feminine jawline.
- Brow Lift:Though you know Botox for improving forehead lines and wrinkles, yet these injections can also be used for a non-surgical brow lift. In this case, the expert will inject these shots into the area above the brow and near the temples. The resultant will be lifting of a drooping brow, leading to a more youthful and natural appearance.
- Slimmer Calves: Tired of those large or bulky calves? Don’t have time to hit the gym? When used off-label, these shots can help you to achieve a slimmer look. Basically, when injected into the calves, it causes the lower leg muscles to atrophy a bit. Hence, these would appearas a slightly smaller and slimmer in shape.
- No More Sweating:If you have been dealing with excessive underarm sweat, here is the solution. Botox shots can save you from the embarrassing and uncomfortable condition. As when injected into the underarms (can be done for palms and soles of the feet as well), it paralyzes the sweat glands. So the perspiration problem stops eventually.
- Better Gummy Smile: It can be used for excessive elevation of the upper lip in order to improve the appearance of a "gummy" smile. For this, the shots will be injected into the upper lip, and it will weaken the muscles making the lip remains lower when you smile. So those looking for a more balanced and attractive smile, this can be a solution which lasts somewhere around to four to six months on average.
So these were some lesser known uses of Botox. While some of them are FDA-approved, others are off-label. Whatever your reason is to choose them, you need to remember that this is going to be painful. Especially, if you are someone with lower threshold, it can be more traumatic. The best thing you can do is use a numbing cream beforehand.
Application of NumbSkin cream, which comes with 5% lidocaine, can desensitize your skin for three to four hours. So you won’t require bearing the needle pain, meanwhile you can enjoy all the benefits.