What Microneedling Can Do For Your Face?
Posted on May 24 2019
You might have heard of Microneedling. While it sounds like some ancient, secret skin rejuvenating method, it is widely used in the modern day for numerous reasons. Being one of the most popular and effective facial rejuvenation procedures, it is a completely non-destructive treatment which works by tricking the skin into rejuvenating itself.
Yes, you read that right!
The process involves use of fine needles to create hundreds of tiny puncture wounds. Sounds painful? Well, it would be partially wrong to say that the process is pain-free. As it involves use of needle, it can be traumatic. But you can make it a comfortable experience with the help of a numbing cream. Use of NumbSkin cream, a lidocaine based product, can turn the process painless. As it works by blocking the pain signals at the nerve end, you don’t need to bear any discomfort.
Besides, this process created micro-injuries to stimulate the body’s natural wound healing processes. Hence, it results into cell turnover and increased collagen and elastin production. And the best part is that no harsh chemicals are use to strip away the skin. Have a quick glance at some of the amazing benefits this process has to offer:
- Reduced visible scars: According to the study conducted on nearly 100 percent of acne-scarred participants, there was a remarkable improvement found in the visibility of acne scars. Microneedling improve the appearance of acne scars. However, it is advised to consult an expert before undergoing this treatment. Usually, they make use of professional grade microneedling device which can be as long as 3 mm. It is highly effective and can handle those deep acne scars lying beneath the surface of your skin. You might be surprised to know that the results produced are comparable to that of fractional laser treatments.
- Turns down sun damage and pigmentation: You already know that collagen is the most essential element to keep your skin looking young and beautiful. When it comes to sun damage, the harmful UV rays can be a reason for problems like discoloration and blotchy skin. As microneedling works by stimulating collagen growth, it reverses sun damage and cure problems like hyperpigmentation which comes with melasma. It was stated in a studythat this promising treatment work ideally for brownish facial pigmentation. Hence, if you want to combat extra pigmentation or sun-damaged skin, you can choose a dermaroller with needles ranging between 1.0 mm to 1.5 mm in length.
- Good- bye fine lines and deep wrinkles: You will love this process for the reason that it helps maintaining youthful skin in the longer run. The ability to stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin make this procedure a powerful way to stop aging. It not only reduces the present wrinkles but also prevents formation of new fine lines. Also this treatment is known to trigger the generation of new skin cells. Hence, after a few sessions of microneedling you will observe a significant change in appearance of fine lines, crow’s feet, and deep wrinkles. Making use of body’s natural healing mechanisms, it produces results which are natural and there to last for longer.
- Skin exfoliation: It is very important to remove the dead cells from the top layer of your skin. Here comes microneedling which works by removing this layer of the epidermis, leaving you with fresh and smooth skin instantly. With this it is worth noticing that a decrease in water loss after the process will lead to reduction in pore size. And yes, it definitely enhances the skin’s ability to absorb all kind of topical products which you apply.
- Youthful skin is in: While the process is known for turning your skin smoother and problem free, there is an added bonus too. Do you know microneedling is a new way to achieve skin rejuvenation? From tightening of the sagging skin to keep it free acne, this effective treatment comes with minimal side effects and downtime.
Just make sure that it is carried out by a trained aesthetician, dermatologist, or plastic surgeon. After all, you cannot let just anyone handle your skin!