Causes And Treatment For The Itchy Skin Condition - Hemorrhoids
Posted on June 12 2018
What causes hemorrhoids?
As stated above, the presence of hemorrhoids is a reflection of the normal anatomy. Experts and health care professionals refer hemorrhoids to be abnormal when they swell and cause problems. Now swelling can occur due to number of reasons. It might be due to an increase in the pressure in the small vessels which causes swelling of hemorrhoid. As far as the reason for increased pressure is concerned, it may be due to a variety of factors.
Pic Credit:- medicalnewstoday.com
- Low fiber diet and smaller caliber stool can lead to straining during bowel movement. This will increase the pressure within the blood vessels.
- Obesity or increasing weight can be another reason for the pressure.
- Both acute and chronic diarrhea can cause swelling
- Colon cancer or a previous rectal surgery
- Spinal cord injury and lack of erect posture
In women, pregnancy is associated with hemorrhoid swelling. It is likely due to increased pressure of the enlarged uterus on the rectum and anus. Plus, there can be some hormonal changes with pregnancy which weaken the muscles supporting the rectum and anus.
Though hemorrhoids are not dangerous but these can be extremely painful and itchy.