NumbSkin® Plus+ Lidocaine Topical Anesthetics Cream
Proprietary Formula Mainly for Tattoo, Piercing and Laser Treatments
Features and Benefits
The unique proprietary formula of NumbSkin® is made distinct by these features:
• Rapid dermal absorption rate
• Fast-acting and longer lasting effect (numbs the skin within 15 minutes and lasts up to 4 hours)
• May be reapplied to maintain peak effect of anesthesia
• Does not require occlusive wrap but using occlusion method over the applied cream enhances skin absorption and extended localized effect
• Non-irritating, non-oily and water soluble
NumbSkin® is indicated for (including but not limited to):
• Temporary relief of pain and/or itching associated with minor burns, sunburn, minor cuts, scrapes, insect bites, minor skin irritations, perianal discomfort and anorectal disorders
• Dermal procedures that induce pain such as venipuncture (blood sampling), intravenous cannulation (administration of contrast agents, fluids, medications, parenteral nutrition and blood products), minor skin procedures (laceration repair, warts removal), laser treatment procedures, hair removal (waxing and electrolysis), body art (tattoo and piercings), cosmetic procedures (microdermabrasion, microneedle therapy, injectable filler treatments)
The route of administration of NumbSkin® is via topical application on the skin. Recommended dose for adults is 0.5 grams per one square inch of skin. NumbSkin® should be applied no more than 30% of body surface area.
One tube of NumbSkin® cream can cover 60 square inches (1 coat application). The cream may also be re-applied in same areas to extend anesthetic effect. The estimated coverage for one tube may be lessened depending on the complexity of skin procedure especially those that require more application.
NumbSkin® contains the following:
Active Ingredient: Lidocaine
Inactive Ingredients: Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Monostearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Polyoxyethylated 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer 940, Ethanol, Purified Water, Benzalkonium Chloride
NumbSkin® cream is contained in a pharmaceutical-grade laminated tube with barrier and preservation properties to keep the contents protected. The tube has a twist cap closure.
Mechanism of Action
Lidocaine works by temporarily blocking this pathway of pain signals along nerves. It does this by stopping the sodium entering the nerve ending at the site of the pain. This prevents an electrical signal building up and passing along the nerve fibers to the brain. Lidocaine may be absorbed following topical administration. The extent of anesthetic effect is dependent on its absorption rate, concentration and total dose administered, the specific site of application, and the duration of exposure.
The shelf-life of NumbSkin® is three years
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Recommended storage temperature is from 1⁰C to 30⁰C (33.8⁰F to 86⁰ F). Keep away from direct heat, freezing temperatures, and sunlight. Always close the tube tightly when not in use.