How to Use Lidocaine Cream for Dermarolling?
Posted on September 11 2018
Dermarolling is painful based on needle’s size and your pain threshold. Here lidocaine cream can be a great help as it reduces the pain caused by dermarolling. Learn here how to use lidocaine cream for dermarolling.
Dermarolling is used to treat wrinkles, scars and ageing lines. It is done by rolling a handheld roller, which is studded with fine needles, over the skin. The needles create fine punctures that prompt the body to produce collagen to heal them. The boosted level of collagen improves the skin tone. The process also increases the absorption of skin cream.
However, it hurts due to the use of the needles. For example, 1 mm needle can lead to prickling sensation while 3 mm or above causes bleeding and immense pain.Don’t worry!
Here lidocaine cream or numbing cream is a great help. It is a topical anesthetic which desensitizes the skin patch against any process or sensation. They do this by blocking the nerve endings so that they can’t transfer the pain signal to the brain.
Why Dermaroller Hurts
Dermaroller is studded with fine needles that puncture your skin. The human skin has an average thickness of 1.5 mm and the needle more than 1.5 mm is likely to cause pain and discomfort, even bleeding. For example, a needle with .2 mm length cause mild tingling while 2.00 mm lead to pain and bleeding. In other words, the level of the pain increases as the size of the needle.
One user’s experience goes like this…
“My face felt really sunburnt/sensitive and was still red the day after. I broke out the next week which I'm convinced is from the aggressive "exfoliating" of the roller. I have not seen any improvement in fine lines or tone if my skin. I am now apprehensive to do it again.”
How Lidocaine Cream Eliminates Pain from Dermarolling
Where is a pain, there is a lidocaine cream. Being an anesthetic, it dulls the skin patch so that you don’t feel pain or sensation. The numbing effect lasts couple of hours. They block the pain receptors underneath the skin so that they can’t send pain signals to the brain.
How to Use Numbing Cream for Dermarolling?
• Wash your face with cleanser.
• Pat your face dry with a clean and soft towel.
• Apply small amount of lidocaine cream on the areas to be treated.
• Use gloves to protect your fingers from numbing effect.
• Rub a thin layer of lidocaine cream on your face.
• Avoid covering your face with anything.
• Wear the cream for 20-25 minutes
• Wipe the numbing cream off with a damp cloth to prevent the cream from interacting with the process.
• Apply rubbing alcohol to disinfect the area.
What Precautions to Follow
Don’t use the cream or consult your doctor in the following conditions…
• Allergic or sensitive to lidocaine or Prilocaine
• Breast feeding, pregnant or planning to have a child (consult your doctor first)
• If you have medical condition
• If you are taking supplement (herbal or dietary) or taking certain medications
• If you have kidney, heart, and liver problems
Which Numbing Cream is Best for Dermarolling?
While there are plenty of lidocaine creams to choose from, make sure to get the right one. First of all, check if the cream has the prescribed amount of 5% lidocaine. Check the reviews and user’s testimonials before shopping the cream.
NumbSkin is a safe numbing cream and is made for all processes like tattooing, piercing, laser treatments and dermarolling. It contains 5% lidocaine while it’s numbing effects lasts up to couple of hours. Click here to buy NumbSkin for your painful dermarolling now.