Anti-aging treatments pain scale (1 to 5) you need to know
Posted on April 25 2019
To make your skin look young for a longer duration, there are cosmetic surgeons to help you achieve the desired results. However, you need to undergo a painful anti-aging treatment using blades, needles, and lasers.
If you’re also planning to undergo a knife for the best beauty results, you must understand the pain scale (of 1 to 5) of different cosmetic procedures. Here we have listed a few anti-aging treatments along with the pain scales to help you get an idea about what kind of pain you have to deal with when undergoing a certain cosmetic procedure.
- Botox: It is an injectable neurotoxin used for smoothing wrinkles and fine lines and to temporarily paralyzing facial muscles.
Patient Report and Pain Scale: According to many patients, it takes around six months to erase etched lines using this procedure. Many doctors numb the area first before beginning the procedure. Each Botox injection is rapid and usually, a patient doesn't feel any pain. Some, however, feel a little pain like a bee sting.
Pain Scale: 1
- Restylane and Juvéderm: These are the hyaluronic acid-based gels, which are injected into the skin for restoring fullness and contouring face and lips.
Patient Report: As per certain patients when they get their lips filled with Restylane or Juvéderm it hurts very less. Some patients don’t even need a numbing cream to bear the pain. It is an easy process to make lips and face appear fuller and plump again. However, the lips or face does remain swollen for a few hours after the procedure.
Pain Scale: 2
- Kybella: It is a deoxycholic acid injection. The active ingredient is a fat-dissolving chemical that is used for reducing a double chin.
Patient Report: If the fullness under the chin bothers you, Kybella is a good procedure that requires six months for getting the desired results. However, this chemical causes deep throbbing pain and a burning sensation for about 15 minutes. The pain is not bearable, so you need to use a numbing cream to bear the pain.
Pain Scale: 3
- Fraxel Dual Restore: This procedure makes use of fractional CO2 laser, which is used for vanishing the appearance of brown spots, wrinkles, scars, and pores.
Patient Report: According to patients, this is a painful procedure and one must apply a numbing cream before undergoing this procedure. The first zaps won’t feel pain but the pain builds up during the process. Within just 15 minutes, you will start feeling that the targeted area is on fire. However, there won’t be any pain after the process is over. However, the skin will appear red for up to two weeks.
Pain Scale: 4
- Ultherapy: It is an ultrasound-based technique used for tightening the skin of your body and face.
Patient Report: Ultherapy is one of the most painful cosmetic techniques you can undergo. The professional technician will make use of a handheld device and deliver zaps on the targeted area. With each zap, you will feel a burning sensation that lasts for two to three seconds. It will also create a burning and hot sensation with every pulse. Even after the procedure, your skin will feel flushed. However, it does give you the best anti-aging result.