What to Know About Numbing Cream—Part 2
Posted on September 04 2018
In the previous part, you read how numbing cream works and what does it includes. Apart from that, you must have learnt about its side effects.
Let’s continue the flow of information with the second installment. Here we have discussed the precautions and guidelines to use a numbing cream. Besides, to help you make informed buying decision, we have come up with the list of the effective numbing cream brands available. Here we go…
What are the Precautions for Using the Cream?
• Make sure the cream has no more than 5% of Lidocaine.
• Avoid applying the cream on broken or irritated skin like wound, scar and rashes as the content can enter the blood stream.
• Never use numbing cream on the tongue, near eyes or inside the nose. Ask your doctor for the specific numbing cream to be used on such parts.
• Avoid applying the thick layers of the cream as they can affect the oxygen absorption power of the cream.
• Don’t cover the area with heating pad after applying the cream over it.
• Never wear the numbing cream more than one hour. However, the limiting time may be varied from cream to cream.
• If you have liver disease or you’re taking heart rhythm medicine, you must consult your doctor before using numbing cream.
• Consult with your doctor if you are a nursing mother or pregnant.
• See your physician immediately if you experience burning, irritation, redness, swelling or ringing in your eyes after applying the cream.
How to Use a Numbing Cream?
Though the guidelines vary according to the brand, the instructions to use a numbing cream, in general, are…
• Use soap and water to wash the area. Pat it dry before applying numbing cream
• Use plastic wrap to cover the cream. Don’t use a heating pad.
• Remove the cover after an hour or the time period mentioned on the pack.
• Numbing cream is a topical anesthetic which dulls the nerve endings so that you feel minimum pain.
• Lidocaine and benzocaine are two key ingredients used in a numbing cream as individually or in combination.
• Generally, numbing cream keeps the skin numb for one hour.
• If used wrongly, numbing cream can pose the side effects, from a minor rash to comma.
• Read the instructions before using the cream.
• So these are the things you should know about a numbing cream.)
After this information, you must be looking for a right numbing cream. You don’t need to go anywhere as here we have compiled the most reliable numbing creams according to customers’ testimonials.
NumbSkin is one of the largest selling numbing creams. Containing 5% lidocaine, it works well for tattooing, piercing, waxing and surgical incisions. The numbing efficiency lasts up to 1 hour when used 45 minutes the process.
Dr. Numb is a reliable topical anesthetic brand being recommended by dermatologists and body arts pros. Dr. Numb contains 5% lidocaine and ensures one hour long numbing effect.
Numb-520 contains 5% lidocaine and eases discomfort and itching. Besides,it eases pain, soreness and burning. The manufacturers claims that the cream delivers numbing effect within 3-5 minutes of application and is likely to last up to 1 hour.
Greencaine Numbing Cream:
Greencaine has 4% lidocaine and can keep your skin numbed for a couple of hours. It also heals swelling and redness as it contains aloe vera jojoba oil contents.
Topicaine is a popular numbing cream and contains 5% lidocaine. It is easy to use and no side effect has been reported yet. Being available in a gel form, the cream doesn’t leave residue and is easy to wipe off.